What is our healthy city?
We are committed to health improvement and our ambitious plan will secure the structures and processes to achieve it.
To achieve a good quality of life in a health-supportive environment, we will continue to create and improve community resources and social environments.
Further ahead than any other Local Authority in the country, we will continue to champion health protection and sustainable development to support individuals across the city in performing all functions of life, enabling them to develop to their maximum potential.
Aligned to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, our strategies to improve health and spur economic growth whilst tackling wider climate change global economic issues, are designed to support capacity-building for the people and businesses across our city.
By 2030 we will have:
- access to the same opportunities and life chances
- more people living healthier, longer lives
- people enjoying independent lives
- a cleaner and more attractive city and neighbourhoods
- a city with great transport and travel links