What is our healthy smart city?
We are committed to health improvement and our ambitious plan will secure the structures and processes to achieve it.
To achieve a good quality of life in a health-supportive environment, we will continue to create and improve community resources and social environments.
Further ahead than any other Local Authority in the country, we will continue to champion health protection and sustainable development to support individuals across our smart city in performing all functions of life, enabling them to develop to their maximum potential.
Aligned to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, our strategies to improve health and spur economic growth whilst tackling wider climate change global economic issues, are designed to support capacity-building for the people and businesses across our smart city.
By 2030 we will have:
- access to equitable opportunities and life chances
- reduced health inequalities enabling more people to live healthier, longer lives
- people enjoying independent lives
- a cleaner and more attractive city and neighbourhoods
- a smart city with great transport and travel links
Our City Plan will create opportunities for residents across communities to actively engage in our dynamic and vibrant smart city.