We have built a central serverless platform to enable the city to collect, analyse, and act upon data from various sources. We have used the Microsoft Azure Data Lake and Data Warehouse, together with business intelligence data analytics platforms to:
- Ingest data from our IoT sensors, city applications and 3rd party data sources.
- Clean, merge and match records
- Produce reporting
- Create automated insights
This has given us a very flexible capability to build a variety of smart city apps and dashboards to support a number of different teams across the city. These teams have been provided with regular insights on aspects of the city that includes:
- Air quality monitoring, reporting and alerting
- Monitoring traffic congestion and footfall
- Monitoring rainfall and flooding events
- Road surface and Air Temperature to support winter gritting
For more information on how our networks and solutions could benefit your organisation, please contact us using our contact form. We would be delighted to discuss how our smart city capabilities can support you.